Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Holy shiz I walked A LOT today! Since I brought lots of long sleeve shirts with me, I figured I should get some cute short sleeve tops so I don't burn up. I had some gift cards to Macy's and wanted to go to Walmart to get some snacks for my mini fridge. Armed with my flip flops (rubbah slippas), iPod and beach bag, I hit the streets.

The Macy's in Waikiki is a mini one and not much selection but the staff was uber friendly. I had an expired registry rewards card and they went out of their way so I could spend my $11...lol. They gave me a map to the Macy's at Ala Moana...the lady told me to take the bus but I was being cheap and didn't want to pay the $2...I'd rather walk. Boy did I walk!!! It was hot out and I hadn't really eaten much. By the time I got to the mall I was dripping and my shorts were falling down, like butt crack falling down...lol. I passed a girl with a Ross bag...my cheap ass heart skipped a beat...woohoo! Got some stuff at Macy's and asked how to get to Walmart/Ross and headed to the food court...it was effing packed! Um, yeah, I think I'll just get something I can eat and walk with. So I got real creative and got an acai jamba juice :) I then cruised over to Nordie's to see if they had an Anastasia counter because mama's gotta have perfect brows! THEY DID! The lady at the counter was super helpful and gave me the waxer's card and showed me the way to Walmart...like literally walked all the way out the door with me...talk about Aloha spirit! I have encountered nothing but overwhelmingly nice people...makes me smile :)

I am now off to watch the Champions parade...I guess it's the little league world series or something like that.

Tomorrow is my first day of work...I'm actually very excited!!! I have to figure out my bus route cuz my walk would be 3.5 miles...um no.

Off to the parade...aloha!

No comments: