Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Smells like Seattle...



The building I live in right now has a mini mall on the ground floor, which includes a Starbucks and a McDonald's. When I walked out the door I could smell the coffee...it smelled soooooooo good and I don't even drink coffee! Also made me miss home...hubby, cats and friends. But as I walked to work, jamming to my tunes on my iPod, I saw the most incredible rainbows...also a DOUBLE rainbow...never seen one of those before! I also proceeded to get soaked. It rained so freaking hard, I was completely soaked from sweat and rain...gross...oh well, at least it wasn't cold.

After work I cruised over to Restaurant Row to the Hokulani Bake Shop to try out some of their cupcakes. It's a cute little shop and some pretty good flavors to choose from. I got a Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Cupcake and a Paradise Coconut Cupcake. They also had really cute cookies so I got a shaka cookie that said 'mahalo.'

As I was walking with my cute little box of cupcakes...low and behold here comes the effing monsoon again...almost the exact same place it soaked me in the morning! Needless to say, I was hauling ass trying to get home and make sure my little cupcakes were safe :)

They made it safely and I got to test them...very good. A little dense and very rich, but not dry in the least. I'm excited to try Cake Couture this weekend...but that means I will have to climb Koko Head to burn it off :::sigh:::

Is it bad that all I had for dinner was 2 cupcakes??? I wonder what's on the menu tomorrow???


The double rainbow on my way to work this morning!


Isn't that awesome :)


The Hibiscus that greet me every morning



My poor box is all soaked!


The goods!




Soaking wet, enjoying my cupcake

No comments: