Sunday, September 28, 2008

Koko Head/Costco


I had two adventures today. 1st was Costco...Honolulu has the busiest Costco in the world...yup I experienced that shiznit today. First off, the parking lot is a mad house, even the spots in BFE are taken. Getting in and maneuvering your cart takes a special talent!!! Holy shiz...there are real live cart traffic jams...puts 520 to shame...lol. I got my milk and a few other things that of course were not on my list..can't pass up pineapples from Maui :)

2nd was Koko Head. It's 1059 steps to the top, going over old rail ties. Half way up is a ravine that you have to climb over...best not to look down! When I went 3 weeks ago, my heart rate was soaring and I seriously thought I was going to pass out. My legs were like jelly coming down. This time around, not so much. My heart rate was much lower and I made it to the top in 35 minutes. I even had my backpack on, full of frozen bottles of water. My daily 6 mile walks to work are paying off :) The hike is pretty crazy but the carrot at the end of the stick is the AMAZING 360 views from the top. It was clear today, so I was able to see Molokai in the distance, as well as the body surfers at Sandy Beach.

Good times today and to top it off...Desperate Housewives season premiere...woohoo.

Back to work tomorrow and 5 more days til the weekend. A friend of mine is coming to town for a week...should be good times. Can't wait to show her my new home and all the amazing things it has to offer :)


Half way up


View of Hawaii Kai from the halfway point


Hanauma Bay


From the very top


Koko Crater

No comments: