Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grateful



I'm seriously grateful today. I spent most of the afternoon on the beach right in front of Duke's, listening to the live music, people watching, swimming and hanging around to watch the sunset. As 6:30 approached, swarms of people came out on the beach to take pics of the sunset. It really made me appreciate what I had...I live in paradise and get to see/do these things every day and these peeps are on vacation and if they are lucky, they get to do it for about a week once a year. As I walked back to my apartment, I had a little extra skip in my step :)

Earlier in the day, I cruised over to Cake Couture to check out their cupcake goodness. Funny thing, is that I had been to their location (they are in a strip mall) in May and didn't even know it! The shop was cute and their cupcakes looked SUPER YUMMO. They only make certain flavors on certain days, so no marshmallow today :( BUT they did have chocolate haupia (coconut filling) cupcakes with a scrumptious whipped cream topping with chocolate shavings...got one of those and also a vanilla one, just cuz it had a pink wrapper...lol. Since it was really hot out, I figured I better eat the chocolate one asap. OMG, it was to die for!!! I wore half of it on my face. Cake Couture was definitely much better than Hokulani Bakery.

So I wanted some milk to go with my cupcake goodness, so I walked into Foodland next door. Um, $8 for a gallon...yeah no...I'll wait to get it at Costco for $4. While I was looking at the milk, the OJ was there too...$10 for a gallon of freaking OJ!!! Oh and get this...you know Tampico Punch...the super ghetto fruit juice that sells for .99/gallon...here it's $5/gallon!!!! Needless to say, I drink a lot of water...lol.



Cake Couture


The goods on my dashboard...lol


Coconut filling in the middle...YUM!


Sunset


Chilling by the water

3 comments:

MacDonald Family said...

I love reading about your adventures T, you sound like you're happy with the path you chose in Hawaii. Congrats :) Who woulda thunk Hawaii would have so many cupcakes?!? ~Kim

Dawn said...

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a mai tai at Duke's right now!!! Miss you biatch!!

Anonymous said...

Mother effer, I want to lick my monitor looking at those cupcakes. If this isn't my first stop when I get there in March, I will vandalize my hotel room...