Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kailua for breakfast...



I met up with an old co-worker today! She was in Kailua for a wedding so we decided to eat at Boots & Kimo's for their famous banana pancakes with macadamia nut sauce and and pulehu ribs...YUMMO! It held me over for the entire day.

Since I was already out there, I decided to make it a day and hang out at the beach...Kailua is probably the most beautiful on Oahu. It's also a popular spot for paddle canoes and kayaking. The water is the most amazing color I've ever seen and the sand is almost white and super fine/soft. I enjoyed laying there and people watching and would take a dip in the water to cool off. Turns out I got to swim with a turtle!!! It was so close to shore and was just coming up for air.



A message for my special biatches!


This was the cutest dog, he was chilling on the beach with me and would go chase his ball in the water.



My lucky penny I found in the sand.

After frying myself, I headed back and since I had taken the Pali Highway...there are few look outs including the Pali lookout where you can see the steep mountains where Kamehameha threw warriors over the cliffs. They were pretty amazing views and it was SUPER windy...almost spooky like.


On my way to the lookout.


Some wild roosters I encountered...um okay.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the shoutout, Huss!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you girly!!!