Saturday, September 13, 2008

2 weeks already!!!

Wow, it's been 2 weeks since I arrived!!! I've been very bad at updating...mostly cuz I've been stressing about finding a permanent place to live! Never fear...today was the day that I found our "permanent" place to call home! Funny thing is that I can see my new home from my current home...lol...I can look out my bedroom window and see my new building. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the location I'm at...not smack in Waikiki with all the tourists but close enough. I'm right off of Ala Moana Blvd across from the Ilikai and Hilton Hawaiian Village (fireworks every Friday!).

My new apt is a tiny 2 bedroom but has some awesome amenities: saltwater pool, gas bbq's, gazebos, putting green, 2 party rooms, library, weight room, cardio room, ping pong...haha, 2 PARKINGS (unheard of in Waikiki), bike storage, board stoarage, across the street from a grocery store, bank and it's not on a super busy street :) I LOVE IT and it's about a 2 minute walk to the water!!!

To celebrate my new apartment...I went to the beach and slathered on my super awesome "browning" lotion and fell asleep on the beach. Lots of VOG today and I guess it makes you tired? Guess so, I was drooling on my book when I woke up.

So what have I been up to the last couple weeks...

-my first day of work
-moving offices to a new building
-learning the bus system
-looking for a place to live
-climbing Koko Head (1059 steps to the top!)
-renting a car and hanging out with some friends in Ewa Beach
-learning how to pronounce things
-surviving the busiest Costco in the country
-walking, walking, walking...I even walk 3 miles to work everyday!
-trying to adjust to the time change
-watched the Aloha Parade

All in all, life in the land of Aloha is fantabulous :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that has been a busy 2 weeks. Make sure to take some pics of the new place. I can't wait to see it. Good news for you...my friend is probably moving back home to Hawaii, the big island, which means that I will have 2 people to visit. More of a reason to come down! Go team!

MacDonald Family said...

Awwwhhhh, it sounds like you're getting settled and loving life! I'm so happy for you T. Next, I think some pictures are in order. :) kim